Metal detecting beach finds keep coming.


Yes, I just had to pop back to the beach again today. Everything in my life seems to be on hold at the moment because I know this won't last much longer. In all my years I have never seen sand stripped from a beach like this. There seems to be coins everywhere,  ripe for the picking and I intend to make the most of it while it lasts. Managed to get in 6 hours hunting today, I could have stayed another hour or two, but I was wet, hungry, tired and I have a painful rash on my leg which is making it hard to move let alone dig. But hey!!!, if there's goodies to be found I will get there even if I have to crawl.
As you can see in the photo above I had another bountiful day with a total coin count of 96.... One coin short of my record 97 yesterday. Wish I stayed there just a bit longer now. The coins again are a mixture of decimal and pre-decimal.

There was a lot of old pennies and halfpennies. Here is a photo of the silvery coins. Florins x2, Shillings x3, Sixpences x7 and 3 Thruppeny Bits.



































This St. Christopher turned up which I think is very nice. Shame about the broken eyelet on the top. It really looks gold in colour in real life but I'm not sure, there's no marks. I always say if you doubt its gold, its normally not. As for age I have not got a clue. This is the third St. Christopher I have had off this beach inside a week, the other two were silver. All in all a nice find.

Now these two beauties I've saved for last. I was over the moon to find another two rings. Both a bit battered from their time in the sea, but always nice to find silver in any condition. Like the other three rings I found yesterday they are both very tarnished and need a good clean to really show them off. Again I can't see any marks on them.
Can I get to the beach tomorrow, not sure and will have to play it by ear. I've convinced my missus that this is all a freak of nature and the beach being stripped of sand like it is may never happen again in my lifetime. I've had to promise to make it up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment