Another couple of hours again today.

Tried a different tactic today by putting the small standard coil back on the Ace 250. The reason being it would be a lot better detecting in amongst the trees and shrubs. Wow it felt so tiny on the end but a lot lighter.
A load of bullet shells came up again and it seemed my law of averages of if I dig 10 shells I will dig at least 1 coin. All told I dug 3 coins, two halfpennies and a thrupenny bit, also managed a musket ball and a bullet. It was hard work today bending and crouching under trees and bushes but you just have to try these places.

It didn't rain this afternoon hardly but I had another problem of the cows. On my mind was how cows have been known to stampede over people and there have been a few deaths so while they were around I kept my eye on them.

Roll on a day off to do some proper detecting, couple of hours here and there bugs me, just as you get into it its time to come home. But I suppose a couple of hours is better than nothing.

2 comments:

  1. Some great finds! Be sure to go back and hit that place, gotta be more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Ozarks,
      I'm up early today and will be working for a couple of hours later, but I intend to return to this spot after I finish. Will be able to get a few hours in. There just has to be silvers there. This time I'm returning with my Nokta Velox One with the standard coil fitted and see how it goes.

      Delete