Todays Finds.


 Was expecting heavy rain today but it turned out quite nice. So when I finished my morning shift at work I was home, fed, and out detecting. Fitted my big 17.5" coil on my Velox and went to my usual haunt, really, I've nowhere else to go apart from a beach. I keep saying I must find some new permissions but as yet, not gotten around to it.

Wasn't expecting much from this site, god knows how many times I've been over it yet, always something pops out. I was getting plenty of signals, mainly all bits of rusty iron but I don't mind that as it shows there has been some population on this site in the past. Seem to find plenty of old very large rusty tent pegs and spoons. Today I dug another couple of spoons along with three decimal coins and two pre-decimal of a penny 1929 and a half penny 1940.
Also dug a possible military cap badge, its right mangled up and in a sorry state. You can clearly see its the Royal Coat of Arms of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, also, I could read the motto 'Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense'  (Shamed be he who thinks evil of it) around the edge. That's a Lion to the left and a Unicorn on the right. Would have been a nice find if it was whole.

Something else I dug which I have never had before was a small horse boss still attached to its leather backing. Dug loads of these horse bosses but this the first one with leather.

Finds from this site are getting few and far between now and every time I say to myself, that's it, all fished out, but because of a lack of  better places to go at the moment I always pop back. You just don't know what is still there waiting to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment